Choosing a career and sticking to it can be quite confusing, challenging and daunting sometimes for most people all over the world irrespective of colour or geographical variation. While a certain group of people just find themselves unknowingly doing stuff they can’t imagine, at the same time they enjoy what they do (no minding what it is), and so (suddenly) improvement comes alive so naturally without them trying to force it; some people however, have to carefully think through their chances before joining a career path. I belong to the former as it’s my interest that brought me into this industry and since then I haven’t looked back.
Careers in the technology industry are quite interesting and those behind this industrial veil might consider it as a child’s play – but trust me it’s the new gold mine. You do not need so much to follow this path just one or two online courses (some are even free) and an internship opportunity, and you’re good to go. Below are some career paths your interest can make you follow:
- Creative writing/ Content creation: Content is “something that is to be expressed through some medium, as speech, writing or any of various arts” for self-expression, distribution, marketing and/or publication. Typical forms of content creation include maintaining and updating web sites, blogging, online commentary, the maintenance of social media accounts, and editing and distribution of digital media. Do you love to write or express yourselves through writing? If yes then this is a career path you should consider.
- Graphics/ Graphic design: Graphic design, also known as communication design, is the art and practice of planning and projecting ideas and experiences with visual and textual content. Graphic design often refers to both the process (designing) by which the communication is created and the products (designs) which are generated. Graphic designers use various methods to create and combine words, symbols, and images to create a visual representation of ideas and messages. Common uses of graphic design include identity (logos and branding), publications (magazines, newspapers and books), print advertisements, posters, billboards, website graphics and elements, signs and product packaging. Designs in other words are called creatives. Are you artistic? If yes this is for you.
- Digital marketing: Digital marketing is an umbrella term for the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also on any other digital medium. Digital marketing activities are search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), content marketing, influencer marketing, content automation, campaign marketing, and e-commerce marketing, social media marketing, social media optimization, e-mail direct marketing, display advertising, e–books, optical disks and games, and any other form of digital media. It also extends to non-Internet channels that provide digital media, such as mobile phones (SMS and MMS), callback and on-hold mobile ring tones. Online courses are here and here.
- Social media marketing: Social media marketing is a facet of the digitalized space. It is a procedure wherein strategies are made and executed to draw in traffic for a website or to gain attention of buyers over the web using different social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, etc.). For instance, Instablog9ja is a very good example of this discuss, with a large number of followership on Instagram, the power of social media can be totally used by their customers to enough customers through social media marketing. It sounds funny right? That a customer becomes a customer. But the truth is that you could get your account loaded by understanding how social media marketing works.
- Photography: Photography is the science, art and practice of creating durable images by recording light or other electromagnetic radiation, either electronically by means of an image sensor, or chemically with a light-sensitive material such as photographic film. Photography is a form of content creation. We (a lot of people) were all high on the news of how photo bombing can shoot you into stardom, so many even prayed for it. That’s right from the streets hawking to your screen as one of the most sort after models in the world. Singer and Song Writer TY Bello was able to change Olajumoke’s story with a couple of days because she had empowered herself with the power of photography. Recently, the lives and trials of the Internally Displaced Persons was brought to life through the lens of her camera. Photography is a magical way to capture, and store adorable and horrible memories. It is also a very great source of income.
With this few career options listed above, I hope I have been able to throw more light into careers in the technology industry. So if you are thinking of starting a career in the tech industry these are a few of so many. I will be posting job openings on here so click on the follow button to get the post directly in your mail box.
I await feed backs.
Photo credit: Google images