It is less than 48 hours to my birthday and I am just here wondering where all the time went to? Ever since I hit the big 21, the consciousness of growing older, and living a purpose-filled life has been hitting me like never before. By the time you read this, I am pretty sure it is going to be the 16th of October already but right now I don’t even have any major plans to go out and celebrate which is so unlike me except I get pleasantly surprised.
Life has been happening and the 22nd year has been one rollercoaster of a year but hey I am still standing by His grace. In this year, I have been forced to learn the hard way and it did stick and change me for the better may be best. I will be sharing what I learned in the 22nd year and the years thus far;
- God is ever present even in those trying times
- Gods’ love is unconditional
- Try praise when prayers seem like a herculean task
- Be optimistic even when it seems like it will never get better
- Make peace with the past / strained old relationships
- Constantly reassure you that it is not too late to give it another try
- Look for the good in every situation
- It is better to stand alone than be affiliated with a crowd and still feel alone
- It is okay not to have it all figured out
- Know what you want and stick to it
- Know when to let go and walk away
- You are more capable of things than you think
- Whenever it gets too overwhelming, walk away and come back later to face it again
- It is very okay not to see things from other peoples perspective but forcing them to see things from your perspective is wrong
- You can’t ultimately try to right the wrongs of your parents by living a certain way but the more you try the more you come close to making the same mistakes so why not just be unapologetically you?
- Now is the time to face those fears and DO IT AFRAID!
- Life won’t always go as planned by you but has planned by God
- No matter how scary it may seem that family and great friends will always be that shoulder to lean on
- Protecting your happiness and trying to stay happy is KEY
- Beauty resides even in the most mundane things
- It doesn’t hurt to genuinely support other peoples dreams and cheer them on
- That looking at yourself via the mirror and speaking specific strong affirmations to yourself every morning or every other morning helps to change your thoughts/mind and subsequently have an impact on your life.
And chapter 23 begins in a little bit… Saying a little prayer for me in your quiet time will be most appreciated and a gift sounds fantastic also.
Cheers to 23!
If you were born in the month of October, please drop your birthdate so I can send my best wishes. And what life lessons have you learned thus far? Please share with me.