I have been thinking lately; I don’t know if I can continue with this natural hair thingie, I think I am just going to relax my hair or cut my hair to start all over again since it is easier to manage a short natural hair than a long natural hair. These are the kind of conversations I sometimes have with my fellow natural hair sisters. It is one thing to decide to wear your hair naturally and it is another thing to stick to your decision; the struggle is real.
Amidst our conversations here and there, I made up my mind to share our struggles, what keeps me going and what is to come. Let’s get into this as I share 5 things you will never know except you get to join the naturalista gang.;
- If you don’t go through the stress of matting or twisting your hair every night, you might wake up to your hair feeling and looking like a sponge/bush.
- The longer your hair gets, the harder it becomes to take care of which results in you spending more time and using more products on your hair.
- There will be a thousand and one hairstyles you won’t be able to achieve with the kinky hair
- The thought of letting it all go will be more prominent the longer your hair grows and the more bad hair days you have.
- The number of stares you will get wearing your fro out in a day can be equivalent to the stares you will get in a month.
Bonus: The fro life is not for everybody! I know this is hard but it is the TRUTH.
Earlier on, I used to be the one to advise everyone to join the natural hair gang as I highlight the benefits and ask why wouldn’t you rather join us? I have come to realize that this takes work and if you can’t stay committed to it, then there is really no need to start it in the first place. The main point of concern for me is; Is your hair healthy? If your hair is healthy and well-taken care please stick to what works best for you.
And if you are wondering whats next for me, for now, I am loving the fro, trying to wear my hair differently every other day, growing my hair the best way I think I can and toying with the idea of relaxing my hair in years to come IF the need arises.
***If you are a naturalista and you are currently thinking of relaxing your hair, think of why you started in the first place. And if after all said and done, the thought still keeps coming, do what you think is best for your hair.
Until next week beautiful people.
Thank you for always stopping by.
So which of the points are you currently facing and what other natural hair struggles did I forget to add? Let’s discuss in the comment section.