I received a mail the other day and while I read through I saw that I was nominated by Tomisin of Dammie O’s blog for The Sunshine blogger award. This means a lot to me, not only because it is my first blogger nomination but also that a fellow blogger connected with my content and I am getting recognised for it. Thanks a lot, Tomisin, you should check out her blog.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
Below are the rules for The Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the person/persons that nominated you and make sure to link it back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the award.
Now let’s get to this;
1. How do you motivate yourself to keep your blog up and running?
I read as much as I can, visit other bloggers blog, the number of people who have stopped by to read what I have written and the reason I started motivates me to keep my blog up and running.
2. How long have you been blogging for?
I have been blogging for more than 2 years, it still feels surreal.
3. Who or what inspires you to write?
Everyday happenings around me inspire me and also reading my favourite bloggers content keeps me reeling with ideas.
4. What piece of advice would you give to bloggers just starting out?
Know why you are starting, stick to what you love writing about, blogging involves hard work and dedication, keep evolving and support others.
5. What have you learnt about yourself since you started blogging?
That I can become better at anything if I put my mind to it and that training myself to meet up with self-set timelines is doable.
6. How do you promote your blog?
I have an automatic setting where I linked my Facebook page, Instagram page and Google plus page to my blog and I also promote my post on my Instagram page. Most of my readers are from my Facebook and Instagram pages because I have the highest following on there.
7. Have you ever gotten a negative feedback on your blog? How did you handle it?
No, I haven’t but if I actually do, I will handle it carefully and respond accordingly as I did on my facebook post.
8. Where is your favourite place in the world?
I don’t think I have any because I haven’t visited many places.
9. Best place you’ve ever visited?
For now none but probably after summer, it’s going to be New York.
10. What do you love most about yourself? And why?
My ‘altruistic’ nature until you prove you don’t deserve it.
11. Do you have a favourite quote you like to share?
Quotes about happiness motivate me; ‘Sometimes happiness is a feeling, sometimes it’s a decision’
So here are my nominees:
- My becoming diary blog
- Halsadiya blog
- Reflect everyday
- My style mirror
- Styled by Tonye
- The black beauty
And my questions are below;
- How did you get into blogging?
- What is the story behind your blog name?
- What are your goals for your blog?
- Do you have a special strategy to get more followers for your blog?
- What are your favourite and least favourite things about blogging?
- What are your three favourite blogs?
- What would you do if you didn’t blog?
- What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
- If you had the power to change any problem in the world, which problem would you address?
- What qualities do you look for in a friend?
- What is that one thing that makes you happy?
Thanks again Tomisin for the nomination and the blog readers for stopping by again, now you know a little more about me.
Until next time!