Hey guys!!! This post was inspired by Hassie of mikunstyles post on how she keeps her hair hydrated. Since every naturalista tells you about the advantages of keeping a natural hair and they hardly share the behind the scenes, I decided to share 10 of the many things nobody ever tells you about the Fro life (maybe they have told you some 😜). Let’s go;
- Hair shed: This happens when you comb your hair. If you comb your hair has often as I do, then this is inevitable. The shed is little and is super curly unlike straight relaxed hair. Cleaning it takes extra patience and if not properly cleaned up, it would make a mess.
- Hair styling: You can’t style you hair in a haste unlike straight relaxed hair which you just pack and go.
- Dressing up time: Adding extra hours just kidding minutes to your dressing up time is inevitable, so you can style your hair has the inspiration comes.
- The spray bottle: You have to take this around, so that you can hydrate your hair on the go. Like ladies touch up their lipstick/makeup every now and then.
- Scruffy/rugged look: With the natural hair you can attain this look very fast if you do not comb or take care of your hair properly.
- Product freak: This is what a naturalista is. You keep on trying most/all products till you find that product(s) which suits your hair perfectly.
- Hair breakage: When the natural hair is not well taken care of, it breaks. Yes it breaks really bad.
- Baby treatment: You hair will be treated like a baby. You will care for your hair like its human to give you the desired result you are looking for; Hair growth
- Temptation: Of course you will be tempted to go back to your old ways of taking care of your hair i.e relaxing it but you have to remember how much you have invested in your hair before going back that route.
- Your hair eats just like you do. Hair treatments with Avocado, Banana, Egg, Honey, etc explains this.
Growing a natural hair is the best state you can keep you hair, has it will be chemical free and your hair will experience major growth real quick. If you want to read more of the things no one tells you about the fro life, please let me know in the comment box below.
Are you growing your fro and experiencing some other things I didn’t talk about, lets discuss about it in the comment box below guys. Don’t forget to like, comment and share.