Currently in love with Call on Me- Adekunle Gold.
This is the continuation of my monthly fashion post I started last month. It is a post of me styling stylish items I found while searching through the racks of the thrift store for good clothing. In this post I styled a dress with my all time fave blazer for a dress up look and without the blazer for a dress down look.
This H&M dress was brand new and had the actual tag on it which was $40 but i got it for way less than this.
Dress: H&M costs $6.00 or 2160 naira (thrifted but new)
Blazer: Gap (thrifted)
Shoe and Bag: Christian Siriano from Payless Shoesource costs $15 or 5,400 naira each (new)
5 TIPS TO KNOW WHEN THRIFTING
In light of the just celebrated National thrift shop day, I will be sharing tips you should know when going thrift shopping.
- Dress in smart outfits which you can change clothes in asap because thrift store or stand don’t have changing room.
- Shop based on colour and personal material preference because there will be a lot of clothes to look through.
- Know what you want because there are a lot of options that are for good prices.
- Don’t buy a clothe just because it looks good or it should fit hence your closet will be a dumping ground.
- Try on each clothing you are buying and look through them carefully for defect.
I probably would have loved the dress more if it was a little bit puffy and a tiny belt around the waist will look good on the dress also.
Photo credit: Damilola Bada with a Samsung galaxy S7 edge
Dress up or dress down which do you prefer? How helpful do think this post is in styling a dress and thrift shopping? And how else will you style this dress? Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.